thingloop

Pages

Wednesday 14 July 2010

Esther's Story

This is the second in the series of user interviews, we are doing as part of Gigantic July, where some of our users share their experience of thingloop with you. We really appreciate Esther taking time out from looking after her gorgeous twins, Amy and Megan, to answer our questions.

Q: Why did you start using thingloop?
I was introduced to thingloop by my sister, and straight away I thought that it was a really great idea. Once I'd been onto the website and had a little play around, added some of my own stuff and looked at what friends had already uploaded, I was hooked!


I have loads of really good DVDs and books that aren't doing any good just sitting on my bookshelves, and I am happy for friends and family to look through them online and see if they want to borrow anything. Plus, using thingloop means I can keep tabs on who has what, which is the best part! I've lent things in the past and forgotten who I'd given it to, and this system is faultless!

Q: What sort of stuff have you borrowed/lent on thingloop?
So far most of the things that I have borrowed and loaned are books and DVDs. But I would say without a doubt that my favourite borrow to date was an entire wedding outfit! From gorgeous shoes and handbag to a lovely bolero. Wedding outfits for women are so expensive, so I was really chuffed that I saved myself a bomb and hadn't had to traipse around the shops! A real success!

Q: What do you like about thingloop?
The ease of using thingloop is brilliant, it's simple to understand and simple to use. Plus, they seem to be open to new ideas that users have and it seems like they are always adding new features that make it even better.

My husband and I used to go to the cinema all the time, but we now have two young children and are rarely able to get to the cinema. These days we use thingloop and borrow lots of DVDs that we can watch in the evenings; it's our new way to relax and unwind - and it's been a great way to save money too!

I am always adding new things to my account on thingloop. Just the other day I added the baby bath that my daughters are no longer using and the beautiful moses baskets that are in our loft. I'd love for them to get more use by friends or family, or even friends of friends!

Q: Would you recommend other people join?
I have recommended that lots of my friends and family go onto thingloop and start using it immediately! The sooner they are on and uploading their great stuff, the sooner that I will be able to borrow it! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment